In this section
CSA-approved importers and carriers must use a registered driver to carry CSA-eligible goods into Canada.
Become a CDRP- or FAST-approved Driver
Commercial drivers can be approved under the Commercial Driver Registration Program (CDRP) or the Free and Secure Trade (FAST) program. Both programs have a rigorous pre-screening process.
- Apply to the CDRP
A program that streamlines the customs clearance process at the Canadian border.
- Apply to FAST
Provides dedicated lanes to members, where available, in Canada and the United States, as well as accelerated customs and immigration processing.
As a CDRP- or FAST-approved Driver
Using the FAST lane
The FAST lane may be used if all of the following conditions are met:
- the importer is FAST-approved;
- the carrier is FAST-approved;
- all goods on-board are CSA-eligible goods; and
- the driver is CDRP- or FAST-approved.
Drivers can use the FAST lane when returning to Canada as long as the following applies:
- there are no goods on board;
- the driver is CDRP- or FAST-approved; and
- the carrier is FAST-approved.
- Date modified: