How will you be travelling?
Consult United States Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Appeals if your membership has been revoked by U.S. CBP.
Your membership is finalized at a NEXUS Enrolment Centre.
When you report to the enrolment centre, a review of your original documents and a full interview will occur.
You will be interviewed by a CBSA and/or U.S. CBP officer, who will do the following:
- review the information you provided on your application form to make sure it is still valid;
- verify your identity and review original documents such as proof of citizenship and residency documents, work permits and visas;
- ensure that you meet all eligibility requirements for membership; and
- take your fingerprints.
If you are accepted into NEXUS, the officer will do the following:
- explain the terms and conditions of NEXUS;
- ask to take a digital photograph of your irises to verify your identity each time you enter Canada or the United States in the air mode of transportation using the self-serve kiosks;
- take a digital photograph of your face for your NEXUS membership card;
- explain the Traveller Declaration Card (Form E601) process (for Canadian residents only);
- explain how to cross the border in the air, land and marine modes of transportation using your NEXUS card and, where possible, show you how to use the self-serve kiosks in the air mode; and
- inform you that you may be subject to an inspection any time you enter Canada or the United States.
- Date modified: