Transit Without Visa Program
The Canada Border Services Agency and Citizenship and Immigration Canada have established the Transit Without Visa (TWOV) program. The program allows certain foreign nationals to transit a participating Canadian international airport, on their way to and from the United States, without a Canadian transit visa if they meet these requirements:
- They are from certain countries;
- They hold a valid U.S. visa; and
- They travel on an approved airline.
Main goals of the TWOV program:
- To facilitate legitimate travellers who are transiting Canada on their way to and from the United States; and
- To support economic development by making Canadian international airports more attractive to airlines and to passengers travelling to and from the United States.
To find out more about the TWOV program:
- Date modified: