Amendment to the Delegation of the Powers, Duties, and Functions of the President of the Canada Border Services Agency and Designation of Officers under the Customs Act
This instrument amends the Delegation of the Powers, Duties, and Functions of the President of the Canada Border Services Agency and Designation of Officers under the Customs Act signed on , as per the attached Schedule for the purpose of subsections 42(2) and 42.6(1) of the Customs ActFootnote1.
Dated at Ottawa, Province of Ontario, this .
This instrument comes into force on the date subsection 42.6(1) of the Customs Act, in relation to the Canada–United States–Mexico Agreement Implementation ActFootnote2, comes into force.
Canada Border Services Agency
|Description of the authorities||Delegates / Designated officials|
Designation - Authority to perform inspections for any purpose related to the administration or enforcement of the Customs Act as described under paragraphs 42(2)(a) to (d).
Designation - Authority to conduct a duty evasion verification that includes, among other things, obtaining information from an exporter or producer of goods in Canada.
- Targeted Regulatory Review: Digitalization and Technology-Neutral Regulations Roadmap
- Government-wide Administrative Burden Baseline counts
- Government-Wide Forward Regulatory Plans
- Cabinet Directive on Regulatory Management
- Red Tape Reduction Action Plan
- Canada-United States Regulatory Cooperation Council
- Date modified: