Showing respect for diversity and inclusion at the Canada Border Services Agency
Working at the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) is more than a job. Our employees make a difference in the lives of Canadians by protecting the border.
On this page
To support equity, diversity, accessibility, and inclusion:
- we hire, develop and retain people from diverse backgrounds because it is important we reflect the communities we serve and protect
- we foster and maintain a fair, respectful and supportive work environment
- we create an environment where employees are empowered to work and advance based on their qualifications
Promoting inclusion and respect for diversity
The CBSA welcomes applications from all equity and diversity groups, and we are taking concrete actions to end racism and discrimination by embedding equality into our culture, programs and policies.
Here are some examples of our efforts:
- our Anti-Racism Taskforce addresses systemic racism and discrimination against Black, Indigenous and racialized peoples
- our Employment Equity Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan outlines ways to increase representation of all employment equity (EE) groups, including LGBTQ2+
- our Indigenous Advisory Circle supports the needs, goals and aspirations of Indigenous employees at the Agency and helps promote the representation and the interests of Indigenous employees working at CBSA
- our Accessibility Office ensures equal access to employment and advancement opportunities for persons with disabilities by removing barriers
- we track workforce demographics to address diversity and inclusion gaps for particular occupations and assist in recruiting efforts
Join a team that listens
At the CBSA, we have seven committees and networks led by senior-level champions to ensure that all voices are heard:
- Gender-based Analysis Plus
- Indigenous Advisory Circle
- LGBTQ2+ Advisory Committee
- Next Generation Network
- Persons with Disabilities Advisory Committee
- Visible Minority Advisory Committee
- Women’s Advisory Committee
These committees raise awareness of issues and concerns facing equity-deserving groups.
Our differences make us stronger. Join our team!
Exciting career opportunities at the Canada Border Services Agency