Contact the Border Watch Line
Report suspicious cross border activities using our secure online form or our toll-free phone line. See below to find out what types of illegal border activities we are working to stop.
Online reporting Report now
Report suspect border activity online using our secure web form 24/7.
Report by phone from Canada and the USA
Call toll-free: 1-888-502-9060
Hours of operations: Monday to Friday, 9 am to 9 pm, ET
Outside of these hours please use the online reporting form.
Information provided is confidential. Calls to the Border Watch Line are not recorded. You are not required to provide your name and/or telephone number, but you may provide it if you choose to do so.
The Border Watch Line must comply with Canadian privacy legislation. We cannot provide facts or updates resulting from any information provided to the Border Watch Line.
Note: Information that could reveal your identity is protected from disclosure to the extent permitted by law. Using the Border Watch Line for any potentially criminal activity, or for the purpose of interfering with the administration or enforcement of a law applicable in Canada, may result in the disclosure of that information to law enforcement agencies.
Should the tip provided reflect a direct threat of harm or damage to persons or property, the tip and relevant associated information may be shared with appropriate partners for law enforcement purposes, including responding to the threat, ensuring the safety and security of persons or property, or investigating hoaxes or fraudulent claims.
Information we are looking for
The Border Watch Line lets you report suspicious cross border activities that occur:
- before persons and/or goods reach Canada
- at the border itself, or
- after persons and/or goods have entered Canada
We carefully review all information and refer to the appropriate authorities when necessary. The authorities will determine what is necessary to complete the investigation.
These are examples of some suspicious activities we are interested in:
Customs related violations
- Drug smuggling
- Contraband tobacco
- Child pornography and exploitation
- Commercial trade fraud
- Firearms and weapons smuggling
- Currency smuggling
- Infractions related to food, plant and animals products
Visit Restricted and prohibited goods for more information.
Immigration related violations
- Persons who may pose a security risk
- Persons involved in war crimes
- Persons who have overstayed their status in Canada or who are working or studying in Canada without authorization
- Person wanted on an immigration warrant
- Persons involved in organized crime or serious criminality
- Persons involved in human smuggling or trafficking
- Persons who have entered Canada based on misrepresentation, and/or made a false declaration or document fraud
For more information, visit:
Information to provide
Provide as much information as possible in your report. If you are reporting online, attach any supporting documentation that might apply (up to 10 attachments per submission and 10 attachments per subsequent update).
- Who is/was involved
- Name of individual or business
- Date of birth or approximate age
- Physical description of individual
- Details for the company
- What is/was the suspicious activity
- Customs related violations
- Immigration related violations
- When will it/did it happen
- Where will it/did it take place
- Approximate location
- Phone numbers
- How will/did it happen
Include a description of the vehicle and license plate, boat name, aircraft tail numbers or any other relevant details, if available.
Call 9-1-1 to report immediate national security threats
For non-urgent threats, contact the Royal Canadian Mounted Police's National Security Tip Line to report suspicious activities, which could pose a threat to national security.
Report a problem on this page
- Date modified: