Language selection


Get a permit to cross the Canada-U.S. border at remote areas: 1. What the Remote Area Border Crossing Program offers

The Remote Area Border Crossing (RABC) Program facilitates the border clearance process for travellers who wish to cross the border into Canada in certain remote areas.

Permit holders do not need to physically present themselves at a port of entry. However, they must declare any goods they are bringing into Canada.

Remote areas covered by the program

Eligible travellers can use their RABC permit to cross the Canada‒U.S. border in the following remote areas:

Report a problem on this page

This email is to report problems or inaccuracies on a page. Spam and comments containing offensive language will be reported or deleted. For help with Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) programs or services, contact border information services.

Report a problem by email
Date modified: