Language selection


Tips for travelling with children

Make sure you have the proper documents with you.



Border services officer Parikh on screen. Text on screen: Travelling with children? Carry the child’s passport, Consent letter authorizing travel.

BSO Parikh: Are you travelling with children in Canada? Well, here are some tips from the CBSA. Always carry the child's passport. If you're not the child's parent or legal guardian, you should obtain a consent letter authorizing travel. The consent letter should contain the guardian's name. Their contact information. The purpose of the trip, in addition to the name of the adult accompanying the child. We're always watching out for missing children, and in the absence of a letter, we may ask additional questions. For more information, please see our website.

CBSA website address on screen (

Canada wordmark on screen.

Date modified: