Customs Interest Calculation Program
About the Calculator
The Customs Interest Calculation Program (CICP) is designed to calculate Daily Specified (DS), Daily Prescribed (DP), and Monthly Prescribed (MP) interest on customs transactions. These are transactions that originate under the authority of the Customs Act, the Customs Tariff Act, the Special Import Measures Act, and the Excise Tax Act.
Interest rates are updated quarterly.
- This online calculator provides an estimate of the amount of interest accrued.
- These interest estimates are calculated based entirely on the information provided by you.
- The CICP is not designed to calculate interest on non-customs transactions.
- This product/application is available for the convenience of the public.
- Users assume any risk associated with any transfer of information to the Canada Border Services Agency.
- While all reasonable efforts have been made to ensure the security of information, the CBSA is not responsible for any damages that may arise as the result of interception, loss, theft, or other action.
It is recommended that users clear their browser cache and internet history upon termination of the application.
- Date modified: