The eDeclaration mobile app helps to save time at the border upon arrival in Canada.
The mobile app:
- is quick, simple and secure
- operates entirely in airplane mode (once downloaded)
- stores only non-sensitive information
- allows you to create a customs and immigration declaration for up to 5 travellers per address
- reduces your processing time at an airport arrival kiosk (Primary Inspection Kiosk) by up to 50% upon arrival
Most travellers, including returning residents and foreign nationals, arriving at a Canadian airport with Primary Inspection Kiosks.
- Unaccompanied minors
- Travellers with a non-machine readable travel document
- Travellers using a NEXUS kiosk
How to use the app
Before you arrive
- Download the eDeclaration mobile app for free onto your smartphone or tablet
- Create and save your traveller profiles
- Select "My Declaration" and answer the questions to create your quick response (QR) code
Upon arrival in Canada
- Scan your QR code at a Primary Inspection Kiosk
- Scan your travel document, take your photo and confirm your declaration on-screen
- Take your kiosk receipt to a border services officer
How to scan your QR Code
Airports that accept eDeclaration
eDeclaration can only be used at airports where Primary Inspection Kiosks are available. eDeclaration is no longer available at Toronto Pearson Airport, as it has been replaced by the Advance CBSA Declaration.
Your feedback on our mobile application will help us improve future releases. Send us your compliments, comments or complaints or take a few minutes to rate or review the app.
Please include as much information as possible to help us better understand the nature of your feedback, such as arrival airport, mobile device you used (type of device, version, operating system), etc.
We heard your feedback:
Regarding difficulties in scanning the QR code, we incorporated enhancements for each airport's kiosk. Make sure you select your correct arrival airport when preparing your declaration on the app.
- Date modified: