How will you be travelling?
This is the official Government of Canada NEXUS application website.
NEXUS is designed to speed up border crossings for low-risk, pre-approved travellers into Canada and the United States (U.S.). It is jointly run by the Canada Border Services Agency and U.S. Customs and Border Protection. More benefits of NEXUS.
The NEXUS application processing fee is a non-refundable $50 (Can or US) for a five-year membership. Children under 18 are free!
NEXUS: Save time at the border!
Postal service disruption
In the event of a postal service disruption, you may experience delays when submitting a paper application form by mail or in receiving your respective membership card. Learn more.
Flying to Canada? Lawful permanent residents of the U.S. need an eTA.
NEXUS members who are also lawful permanent residents of the U.S. (Green Card holders) need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) when flying to or transiting through Canada.
U.S. and Canadian citizens are exempted.
The leniency period that allows travellers to board their flight without an eTA ends soon.
Be prepared: Apply for an eTA before you book your flight to Canada. Most applicants get approved within minutes. However, some applications can take several days to process so don't wait until the last minute. Get help if you have questions before, during or after you apply.
You do not need an eTA when you enter by land or sea.
Using a third party representative? Things you should know
There is no need to have a third party complete your NEXUS application. Doing so may result in additional charges, which are not included in the $50 NEXUS fee. All applications are processed at the same rate, whether you submit an application or someone does it on your behalf.
What are the benefits?
- Avoid long line-ups and save time by:
- using automated self-serve NEXUS kiosks when entering Canada at nine major international airports and U.S. Global Entry kiosks for entry into the U.S.
- receiving expedited clearance through security screening lines at major and select mid-sized airports in Canada;
- receiving expedited clearance through the U.S. Transportation Security Administration Pre-Check lines at over 150 participating U.S. airports. Visit NEXUS Air for more information.
- Enjoy a simplified entry process using dedicated vehicle lanes at 21 designated land border crossings. Visit NEXUS Land for more information.
- When arriving to Canada by boat, report by phone to a Telephone Reporting Centre at more than 450 marine sites across Canada. Visit NEXUS Marine for more information.
For more information, call one of the following Canadian Processing Centres:
|Phone number||Region||Hours of operation|
|866-399-5887||Residents of Newfoundland and Labrador, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and Quebec||Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. ET
|800-842-7647||Residents of Ontario and the United States||Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. ET
|866-496-3987||Residents of Alberta, British Columbia, Nunavut, Manitoba, the Northwest Territories, Saskatchewan and the Yukon||Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. PT
- Date modified: