Canadians and Permanent Residents

Information for Canadian citizens and permanent residents concerning how we manage our border services.

Coming to Canada

  • I declare
    Returning to live in Canada following international travel of less than one year
  • Moving or returning to Canada
    • entering Canada with the intention of establishing, for the first time, a residence for one year or more (in the Customs Tariff, such a person is referred to as a "settler");
    • a former resident, moving back to Canada to resume residence after a continuous absence of one year or more, or after being a resident of another country for a period of one year or more.

Importing (personal)

Travelling for business

Safety and security

Safety and security – More

Other government sources

General information for all travellers

Date modified: