Exemptions ending for certain travellers entering Canada
Effective , some foreign national travellers who were previously allowed to enter Canada without being fully vaccinated will now be required to be fully vaccinated in order to enter Canada. There will also be changes to testing and quarantine exemptions for certain travellers, regardless of citizenship, entering Canada.
COVID-19: Global travel advisory
Effective : Avoid non-essential travel outside Canada, regardless of your vaccination status. Omicron travel health notice
The CBSA Trusted Traveller Declaration Card is no longer accepted
The CBSA no longer accepts the Trusted Traveller Declaration Card.
About the program
The Commercial Driver Registration Program (CDRP) makes it easier for commercial freight transporters to pass through customs into Canada from the United States (U.S.). This program offers efficient and effective clearance to low-risk goods and pre-approved importers, carriers and commercial drivers.
The CDRP is one of three components required for membership in the Customs Self-Assessment program (CSA), which involves:
CDRP-registered drivers can carry goods for carriers who participate in the CSA program.
- faster border crossing into Canada
- extended participation in other programs like the FAST program, which provides dedicated lanes (where available) in Canada and the U.S., and faster customs and immigration processing
The following may apply for the CDRP:
- Canadian citizens or permanent residents; or
- Citizens or permanent residents of the U.S. who meet visitor requirements.
To qualify for CDRP, applicants must:
- Complete the application;
- Be admissible to Canada and have no criminal record that has not been pardoned;
- Not have violated customs or immigration laws; or
- Be deemed to be of good character, meaning that the CBSA is confident you will comply with program obligations.
As CDRP participating members, drivers are required to adhere to a number of responsibilities and requirements to maintain their membership.
If you have any questions on enrolment or the program, please contact the Canadian Processing Centre:
Hours of operation: Monday to Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. EST (except holidays)
- Date modified: