Certain Copper Pipe Fittings
Dumping (China, South Korea and United States) & Subsidizing (China)
- Product Information
The subject goods are defined as:
"Solder joint pressure pipe fittings and solder joint drainage, waste and vent pipe fittings, made of cast copper alloy, wrought copper alloy or wrought copper, for use in heating, plumbing, air conditioning and refrigeration applications, originating in/or exported from the United States of America, the Republic of Korea and the People's Republic of China." A list of the specific copper pipe fittings that are subject goods is available on the CBSA’s website at the following address: https://decisions.citt-tcce.gc.ca/citt-tcce/a/en/item/354636/index.do
The Tribunal excluded the following copper pipe fittings from its injury findings:
- 4 cast drainage lead 8 oz. closet flange;
- 4 cast drainage 14 oz. lead closet flange; and
- Copper-iron high-pressure alloy fittings manufactured with UNS C19400 grade copper alloy and with safe working pressure up to 1,740 psi.
- Investigation Information
The dates of the investigative proceedings and findings concerning this case are:
Action Date Initiation of Investigation June 8, 2006 Extension of Investigation August 17, 2006 Preliminary Determination October 20, 2006 Final Determination January 18, 2007 Canadian International Trade Tribunal's Injury Finding February 19, 2007 Re-Investigation July 16, 2007 Re-Investigation August 28, 2008 Re-Investigation April 1, 2010 Re-Investigation April 8, 2011 Expiry Review Determination October 14, 2011 Canadian International Trade Tribunal's Order February 17, 2012 Re-Investigation February 8, 2013 Re-Investigation May 30, 2014 Re-Investigation February 5, 2016 Expiry Review Decision July 20, 2016 Canadian International Trade Tribunal's Revised Orders November 28, 2016 Re-Investigation June 28, 2019
- Tariff Classification Numbers
The subject goods are usually classified under the following tariff classification numbers:
Please note that these classification numbers may apply to goods which are not subject to SIMA measures, may change because of amendments to the Departmental Consolidation of the Customs Tariff, or the subject goods may be imported under tariff numbers that are not listed. Refer to the product definition for the authoritative details regarding the subject goods.
- Duty Liability
Country of Origin or Export: China, South Korea and United States
Information regarding the normal values of subject goods should be obtained from the exporter. The following table identifies the exporters who currently have been issued normal values:
Country Exporter Cooperative Since Last Revised United States of America Elkhart Products Corporation 2007-02 2019-06 Mueller Industries Inc. 2007-02 2019-06 Nibco Inc. 2007-02 2019-06 South Korea Jungwoo Metal Ind. Co., Ltd. 2007-02 2019-06 China Zhejiang Hailiang Co., Ltd. 2019-01 2019-06 Zhuji City Howhi Air Conditioners Made Co., Ltd. 2007-02 2019-06
For importations of subject goods originating in/or exported from the United States, South Korea or China for which the exporter has not been issued its own normal values, the anti-dumping duty is equal to 242% of the export price.
- Duty Liability
Country of Origin or Export: China
The following table identifies the exporters who currently have a specific amount of subsidy:
Exporter Amount of Susidy RMB / KG Cooperative Since Last Revised Zhejiang Hailiang Co., Ltd. 2.28 2019-01 2019-06 Zhuji City Howhi Air Conditioners Made Co., Ltd. 0.18 2007-02 2019-06
For importations of subject goods originating in/or exported from China for which the exporter has not been issued its own amount of subsidy, the countervailing duty is equal to 17.73 Renminbi per kilogram.
- Disclosure of Normal Values and Amounts of Subsidy
The liability for anti-dumping and countervailing duty results from the proceedings conducted under SIMA and from the finding of the CITT. Information regarding the normal value and amount of subsidy of the subject goods in question and the amount of anti-dumping and countervailing duty payable should be obtained from the exporter. Related information may be made available to importers on a need-to-know basis in accordance with the provisions of Memorandum D14-1-2, Disclosure of Normal Values, Export Prices, and Amounts of Subsidy Established Under the Special Import Measures Act to Importers.
For information on duty assessment, refer to the Guide for self-assessing SIMA duties.
- Information Required on Customs Documents
The import documentation should include the information listed below. Failure to provide this information may result in the application of penalties to the importer, pursuant to the Administrative Monetary Penalty System (AMPS).
The import documentation should clearly indicate the following:
- Country of origin
- Name and address of producer/manufacturer, if known (mandatory where the vendor is not considered the exporter for SIMA purposes)
- Location of plant/mill of production, if known
- Place from which direct shipment to Canada began
- Name and address of vendor (if different from producer)
- Customer's name and address
- Canadian importer's name and address (if different from the customer)
- Full product description including:
Type of fitting:
Indicate model name in terms of one of the following:
- Female Adapter, Male Adapter or Other Adapter
- Pressure Tee
- P Trap
- DWV TY
- DWV Y
- Cap and Cleanout
Where applicable, provide additional product description for each product. For example, identify female adapters that are female street, female drop ear and female hi ear.
Configuration or Connection of the Fitting:
Indicate each configuration or connection (e.g., C, M, FE, FTG identified in the Abbreviation Chart on the CBSA's Web site at: https://decisions.citt-tcce.gc.ca/citt-tcce/a/en/item/354636/index.do). For example, a female street adapter has a connection consisting of FTG X FE.
Size of the Fitting:
Indicate the nominal size(s) of the fitting. The nominal size of each connection is to be shown in "inches". Plumbing and heating fittings are marked according to nominal sizes that correspond to the inside diameters, while fittings for air conditioning and refrigeration are based on the actual outer diameter sizes. To determine the nominal size of a fitting that is measured in terms of its outside diameter size, always subtract 1/8" from the outside diameter size. If the size of the fitting is identified in "metric" but not made specifically to metric dimensions, indicate the equivalent measurement in inches.
Application of the Fitting:
- Indicate "WO" for Wrought Pressure.
- Indicate "WD" for Wrought Drainage.
- Indicate "CP" for Cast Pressure.
- Indicate "CD" for Cast Drainage.
- Indicate "PH" if this product was sold for a plumbing and heating application.
- Indicate "ACR" if this product was sold for an air-conditioning and refrigeration application.
- Indicate "ALL" if you are not aware of the application.
Match to the List of Fittings Identified in the Tribunal's Finding:
Using the list of copper pipe fittings found in https://decisions.citt-tcce.gc.ca/citt-tcce/a/en/item/354636/index.do, indicate the description which is identical to the product that was shipped to Canada. Please note that a cast (wrought) model shown with an asterisk is a match for a wrought (cast) model you shipped to Canada if it has all of the other model characteristics, i.e. configuration and size.
- Date of sale, date of shipment
- Quantity (including the unit of measure)
- Unit selling price, total selling price
- Currency of settlement used (e.g., US$, CDN$, etc.)
- Terms and conditions of sale (e.g., FOB, CIF, etc.)
- All costs, expenses, and charges incurred by the exporter and vendor in the shipment of the subject goods to Canada from the point of direct shipment (including, the inland and ocean freight, insurance, etc.)
- Appeal Decisions Relating to Subjectivity
Summaries of appeal decisions made by the CBSA respecting whether an imported good is subject to this measure in force can be found on the SIMA Appeals page.
- Email for Duty Assessment Questions
- CBSA Reference Number(s)
- CPF 2019 RI
- Dumping file #: 4214-12
- Dumping case #: AD1358
- Subsidy file #: 4218-21
- Subsidy case #: CV118
- CITT Reference Number(s)
- Date modified: