Administrative Monetary Penalty System
A commercial carrier or charterer failed to provide prescribed information within the prescribed time and in the prescribed manner, about any person on board or expected to be on board a conveyance coming to and/or leaving Canada.
- Penalty basis
- Per conveyance
- Retention period
- 12 months
Non-compliance occurs when a commercial carrier or charterer fails to provide information as stipulated in the Customs Act and the Exit Information Regulations or the Passenger Information (Customs) Regulations on persons (passengers and crew) on board or expected to be on board a conveyance.
This contravention is intended to be a compliance management tool to educate commercial carriers on the requirement to provide API/PNR data in accordance with customs legislation.
Applied by an API/PNR program officer at Headquarters against a commercial carrier or charterer.
- Customs Act, sections 93(1), 107.1(1) and (2)
- Exit Information Regulations, section 13
- Designated Provisions (Customs) Regulations (DPCR)
- Passenger Information (Customs) Regulations
- API/PNR Reference Guide for Commercial Carriers