Trade facilitation, compliance and incentives
Tools and resources
- CBSA Assessment and Revenue Management (CARM)
Modernization of CBSA assessment and revenue management system.
- Partners in Protection (PIP)
A voluntary commercial security program that creates partnerships between the CBSA and companies that are directly involved in cross-border trade.
- Free and Secure Trade (FAST)
Opens the border to pre-approved and security-cleared carriers, importers and drivers.
- Customs Self-assessment
Streamlines the clearing process for approved importers, carriers and drivers.
- Commercial Driver Registration Program
Streamlines the clearance process for freight transporters into Canada from the U.S.
- Electronic Data Interchange
Allows Canadian businesses to file import and export declarations electronically.
- Advance Commercial Information
Allows cargo to move faster and more efficiently through the supply chain at Canadian borders.
- Single Window Initiative
Simplifies the import process and reduces the paper burden on the business community.
Enables shipments to be moved beyond the border or an airport without having cleared customs, but remain under customs control.
- Anti-dumping and Countervailing
Provides help to Canadian producers who face unfair foreign competition.
- Administrative Monetary Penalties System
Monetary penalties to ensure compliance with customs legislation.
- Trade Compliance Verifications
Used to ensure that importers comply with CBSA requirements and programs.
- Date modified: