Administrative Monetary Penalty System
Person failed to notify the Agency within prescribed timeframes and without delay of any correction to any pre-arrival or pre-load information sent to the Agency.
- Penalty basis
- Per submission
- Retention period
- 12 months
This contravention is to be issued during the 6-month grace period following the introduction of new pre-arrival or pre-load submission type requirements. Upon expiry of the informed compliance period, penalty C381 will apply
Non-compliance occurs when the responsible party fails to correct advance information that was true, accurate, or complete at the time of initial submission but subsequently changed.
This penalty to be issued by Carrier, Postal and Courier Compliance (CPCC), Commercial Program Directorate at Headquarters (HQ), against the party responsible for notifying of any correction to ACI data.
The prescribed information shall be sent in accordance with the timelines, technical requirements, specifications and procedures for electronic means as set out in the Reporting of Imported Goods Regulations and the applicable Electronic Commerce Client Requirements Document.
One C386 penalty will be issued per pre-load/pre-arrival submission regardless of the number of data elements not corrected.
In instances where an officer finds a responsible party in contravention, the officer must forward this information to HQ. HQ will assess penalties related to this contravention.
Examples of non-compliance under C386:
- A freight forwarder failed to immediately notify the Agency of a change in the consignee data element while the goods were en-route to Canada.
- A vessel operating carrier failed to immediately notify the Agency of a change to the Bay Plan while the goods were en-route to Canada.
- D3-1-1, Policy Respecting the Importation and Transportation of Goods
- D3-2-1, Air Pre-arrival and Reporting Requirements
- D3-3-1, Freight Forwarder Pre-Arrival and Reporting Requirements
- D3-4-2, Highway Pre-arrival and Reporting Requirements
- D3-5-1, Marine Pre-load/Pre-arrival and Reporting Requirements
- D3-6-6, Rail Pre-arrival and Reporting Requirements
- Date modified: