Important notice: In the event of a postal service disruption, you may experience delays when submitting a paper application form by mail or in receiving your respective membership card. [Learn more]
July 19, 2016, to August 19, 2016: Public consultation for suggested regulatory amendments
The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) is seeking your feedback on proposed changes to its Regulations from July 19, 2016, to August 19, 2016. More information.
The Free and Secure Trade (FAST) program is a commercial clearance program designed to ensure safety and security while expediting legitimate trade across the Canada-United States (U.S.) border.
- Dedicated lanes (where available) for faster and more efficient border clearance;
- Reduces delivery times and landed costs of imports;
- Minimal documentation required to clear the border;
- Increases certainty at the border, resulting in fewer delays;
- If you are a citizen of Canada or the U.S., you can use your FAST membership card as proof of identity and a document that denotes citizenship when entering Canada in all highway lanes, including regular, non-dedicated lanes, as well as by water.
Dedicated FAST lanes are located at:
- Windsor, ON / Detroit, MI
- Sarnia, ON / Port Huron, MI
- Pacific Highway, BC / Blaine, WA
Validity and cost
The FAST membership card for drivers is valid for five years. Members must continue to meet all the terms and conditions of the program and comply with all applicable laws and regulations
The non-refundable FAST processing fee for drivers is $50 (payable in Canadian or U.S. funds). There is no fee for FAST carriers or importers.
- Date modified: