Value for Duty of Imported Goods
Ottawa, February 5, 2014
This document is also available in PDF (106 KB) [help with PDF files]
1. The editing revisions made in this memorandum do not affect or change any of the existing policies or procedures.
2. The Valuation for Duty Regulations (Regulations) are no longer fully excerpted in this memorandum.
This memorandum provides a hyperlink to the Department of Justice Web site for the Regulations respecting the determination of the value for duty of imported goods under the valuation sections of the Customs Act.
Valuation for Duty Regulations (Regulations)
Guidelines and General Information
1. Additional information with respect to theRegulations is provided in different D13-series memoranda:
- (a) Section 2 of the Regulations is addressed in D13-1-3, Customs Valuation – Purchaser in Canada;
- (b) Section 3 of the Regulations is addressed in D13-4-5, Transaction Value Method for Related Persons;
- (c) Section 4 of the Regulations is addressed in D13-3-12, Treatment of Assists in the Determination of the Value for Duty;
- (d) Section 5 of the Regulations is addressed in D13-7-3, Deductive Value Method - Deductions From the Price Per Unit; and
- (e) Section 6 of the Regulations is addressed in D13-8-1, Computed Value Method.
2. Memorandum D13-3-1, Methods of Determining Value for Duty outlines and explains the methods of determining value for duty under the provisions of the Customs Act.
3. For more information, call contact the CBSA Border Information Service (BIS):
Calls within Canada & the United States (toll free): 1-800-461-9999
Calls outside Canada & the United States (long distance charges apply):
1-204-983-3550 or 1-506-636-5064
Contact Us online (webform)
Contact Us at the CBSA website
- Issuing office:
- Trade Programs Directorate
- Headquarters file:
- Legislative references:
Valuation for Duty Regulations
- Other references:
- D13-1-3, D13-3-1, D13-3-12, D13-4-5, D13-7-3, D13-8-1
- Superseded memorandum D:
- D13-1-1 dated February 24, 2012
Report a problem on this page
This email is to report problems or inaccuracies on a page. Spam and comments containing offensive language will be reported or deleted. For help with Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) programs or services, contact border information services.Report a problem by email
- Date modified: