Importing goods through the Courier Low Value Shipment (CLVS) Program
The CBSA has placed a moratorium on applications for participation in the Courier Low Value Shipment Program effective , until further notice. For additional information regarding the moratorium please see Customs Notice 19-12.
In this section
Shipments Eligible Through CLVS Program
Specific restrictions apply to all shipments imported through the Courier Low Value Shipment (CLVS) program whether for commercial or personal use.
Your shipment may be part of the CBSA's CLVS Program if:
- The entire shipment is valued at are worth Can$3,300 or less;
- The company handling the shipment currently participates in the CLVS Program; and
- The goods are not regulated, controlled or prohibited.
For further details on what goods are considered regulated, controlled or prohibited please refer to departmental memoranda: D9 - Prohibited Importations and D19 - Acts and Regulations of Other Government Departments.
- D1-6-1 Authority to Act as Agent
- D1-8-1 Licensing of Customs Brokers
- D2-1-4 Casual Donations – Tariff Item No. 9816.00.00
- D2-3-1 Personal Exemptions for Residents Returning to Canada
- D2-3-6 Non-commercial Provincial Tax Collection Programs
- D6-2-3 Refund of Duties
- D6-2-4 Value for Duty of Defective Parts or Articles Removed from Equipment and Returned to the Supplier for Credit
- D6-2-5 Abatement of Customs Duties
- D6-2-6 Refund of Duties and Taxes on Non-commercial Importations
- D8-2-16 Courier Imports Remission
- D9 Memoranda Series Prohibited Importations
- D11-6-3 Administrative Policy Respecting Re-determinations or Further Re-determinations Made Pursuant to Paragraph 61(1)(c) of the Customs Act
- D17-1-2 Reporting and Accounting for Low Value Commercial Goods (Not Exceeding CAN$2,500)
- D17-1-4 Release of Commercial Goods
- D17-1-5 Registration, Accounting and Payment for Commercial Goods
- D17-1-10 Coding of Customs Accounting Documents
- D17-1-22 Accounting for the Harmonized Sales Tax, Provincial Sales Tax, Provincial Tobacco Tax and Alcohol Markup/Fee on Casual Importations in the Courier and Commercial Streams
- D17-2-1 The Coding, Submission and Processing of Form B2 Canada Customs Adjustment Request
- D17-4-0 Courier Low Value Shipment Program
- D19 Memoranda Series Acts and Regulations of Other Government Departments
- Date modified: