Language selection


Exporting commercial goods

Change to import-export program (RM) administration

The Canada Revenue Agency continues to issue the required business number (BN9). The CBSA has taken over RM account-related services. Until October 2024:

  1. to register for a new import-export program account (RM), complete form BSF947: Request for a CBSA Import/Export Program Account
  2. to submit a maintenance request for existing RM accounts, complete form BSF948: Request for Change(s) to Existing CBSA Import/Export Program Account

Learn more: Register for or modify an import-export program account

This section applies to people and companies who want to export commercial goods from Canada. Get information on the obligations, guidelines and procedures for reporting the goods to the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA).

Reporting requirements for exporters

Exporters' guide to reporting

How to export commercial goods from Canada and submit export declarations to the CBSA.

Goods that may require export permits

List of goods that may need export permits, certificates or licences from other government departments.

Electronic reporting system for exporters

The Canadian Export Reporting System (CERS) portal allows you to submit export documents electronically.

Register your business for an account

For exporters or customs service providers wanting to access the CERS portal.

How-to videos

Guidance to help users navigate CERS.

Date modified: